Building Management Control
Building management systems are most commonly implemented in large projects with extensive mechanical, HVAC, electrical systems. Systems linked to a BMS typically represent 70% of a building’s energy usage;BMS systems are a critical component to managing energy demand.
In addition to controlling the building’s internal environment, BMS systems are sometimes linked to access control or other security systems such as closed-circuit television (CCTV) and motion detectors. Fire alarm systems and elevators are also sometimes linked to a BMS, for monitoring. In case a fire is detected then only the fire alarm panel could shut off dampers in the ventilation system to stop smoke spreading and send all the elevators to the ground floor and park them to prevent people from using them.
Building management systems integrate the following installations offering the opportunity to control rooms individually, monitor the energy consumption, improve the plant reliability or save time during maintenance:
- Illumination control
Electric power control
Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC)
Security and observation
Fire alarm system
Lifts, elevators etc.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
When choosing for these systems, the owner has the flexibility of changing the use of the building, it increases the value and efficiency of the building and has the posibility to monitor the systems remotely (AHU’s, fire pumps, plumbing, electrical etc.)
- Data is consolidated onto a single system to improve reporting, information management and decision-making. Integrating and managing the HVAC, energy, security, digital video and life safety applications from a single workstation allows facility-wide insight and control for better performance.
- Increased operational savings – Efficient resource deployment can result in reduced operational costs, empowering operators, simplifying training and decreasing false alarms.
- Energy efficient – Real-time view into facility operations and deep trend analysis provide data-driven insight to optimize your energy management strategies and minimize operational costs.
- Flexibility to grow and expand – The powerful combination of open systems protocols and a scalable platform means the BMS can help support growth and expansion of the system in the future.
- Reduced risk – Strategic mobile or desktop control, exceptional alarm management and integrated security solutions helps to see the big picture, helping to speed up response time and mitigate risks for the property, people and business.
- Intelligent reporting – Comprehensive reporting with functionality for customizable reports delivers greater transparency into system history and promotes compliance.